Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Friend's shower

I was asked to be a friend's maid of honor - which is great because I love weddings and all to do with weddings. Unfortunately - this seems to be the wedding from hell.

It's not because my friend is turning into some kind of Bridezilla (though she is getting damn close - but not her fault) It's just that it turned from "hey no pressure I want you to be my maid of honor" to "hey the dress is $350.00, my mom is impossible and you have to plan the shower with her and I want the shower in New York City and my mom won't leave New Jersey - good luck" I somehow roped myself into baking green tea cookies for the favors - actually didn't make these cookies we'd be giving away bags of nuts to guests as favors and I couldn't do that to the bride. The really hilarious part of this whole thing is that I work for the bride and she knows exactly how much money I make - but I am going into debt to be a good maid of honor.

I have started my "student internship" at my school's massage clinic - aka student slave labor. So far, I haven't had any bad experiences....though some fellow students have gotten some perverted comments. It really interesting to be entering a field that is sometimes associated with prostitution - some people perk up when I say massage therapy looking to get a free treatment and some look at me like I give professional hand jobs.

I am all ready looking forward to Thanksgiving - one) because that damn wedding will be over and my stressed out friend/boss will return to her normal state and two) because I plan on making this year's feast more kick ass than last year. Unfortunately, because my boyfriend and I come from such obscenely small families - we only have his parents, my grandmother (who disappears at gatherings), & his friend Ray and his wife. So I need to either find a bunch of foreign students at the local college who want a free meal or make a bunch of friends who hate their families before the holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>