Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Naked

So I have started a whole new trimester at school studying massage....and this semester I start with my Swedish technique courses. I was really excited about taking this particular course because I will, most likely, using these techniques most often in my future practices out in the real world as a massage therapist. What I hadn't realized is that I would have to get naked in class. You see ....we are trying to learn techniques that require skin to skin contact and learn proper draping techniques so that we aren't embarrassing our future clients. While I have absorbed this logical explanation...I am still slightly mortified. I am sometimes retardedly modest...like in situations like this. Now I know I'm not just naked - I get changed behind a screen then I move to my table with my towel on and get under the draping which covers me to keep me warm. But there are also about 20 other people in the class - and I have a habit of doing really embarrassing things....and one wrong move by my partner means exposure!

I'm sure it will be fine - it just doesn't comfort me when the professor says something like "you have to throw modesty out the window here"


1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger the fanny said...

Isn't it funny how modesty creeps in sometimes? I recently (few months ago?) got a massage for the first time, and it took me like 10 minutes to stop thinking, "My GOD, I'm NAKED" and I couldn't even relax enough to enjoy the massage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>