Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Overly emotional state

My grandmother has been having really high blood pressure lately and our whole lives have been kind of revolving around that lately. It's strange because it's really been under control for a while by her medications and suddenly it's just been skyrocketing in the morning and seems to get under control in the afternoon only to continue on the cycle the next day. I guess my grandmother blames this on not having access to a herbal medication from Taiwan that she used to take all the time so she broke down and called my uncle in Taiwan.

My grandmother had five children - my mother was the oldest, then she had three sons and finally my aunt was the youngest. My grandmother has lived with me and my mother practically my whole life except for a few years when I was in high school when my grandmother moved back to Taiwan to help my uncles with their children. But my grandmother returned to the US because she disliked living with my uncles - mainly because she disliked their wives. My mother was the black sheep of the family - she didn't keep in contact with any of brothers though she used to say that they didn't keep in touch with her.

I guess my grandmother spoke to my oldest uncles wife and asked if they could send over whatever this herbal medication. But then my uncle called back and wanted to speak to my grandmother - unfortunately my grandmother is really hard of hearing and even with her hearing aid in she couldn't understand my uncle. My grandmother passed me the phone and I spoke briefly to my uncle in English - it was surreal. The last time I spoke to my uncle I was a child - I almost started to cry just speaking to him but I tried to contain myself so I didn't freak him out. He asked me if I had a boyfriend and if I was going to get married soon - which I tried to answer in the most vague way as possible but somehow gave him a specific time period that I may be getting married.

I don't know how I feel - it's strange. Luckily I am totally PMSing so I am a mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>