Monday, April 19, 2004

I Miss My Mother

Today is the two year anniversary of my mother's death. I am also starting to PMS. I am predicting mood swings and tears for the week.

I didn't have a great relationship with my mother. I loved her dearly, but the bridge between cultures was very hard to cross. We tended to occupy two completely different planets.

She was a five foot tall giant who scared the living daylights out of most people with her attitude. My mother was abrasive, bitchy and aggressive. I think that my mother was always in survival mode - she was always thinking of steps to keep her head above water. What she really wanted was to carve out a future for me. She worked all the time and only took one day off a year - New Year's Day. I am still floored by the fact that my mother stopped working only a month before she passed away.

When I look back and think about my mother now...she still tends to frustrate me. At least at this point I can look back on my relationship with my mother without breaking into tears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>