Sunday, March 21, 2004

Taiwan Elections

I've been trying to follow what had been happening in the Taiwan elections through grandma's satellite TV. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to follow the threads of what has been happening due to my lack of Chinese comprehension and my grandmother's bad pidgin English translation. Luckily, I've been able to piece together what I've been seeing on TV with A Better Tomorrow's site and some online new sources. I may not agree to Lien being called a twat by Wayne(twat? Could we have slung ANY other insult?!) ...but it's not entirely too harsh - frankly he could have just filed for a recount and been a better man. Instead, he got his supporters into a frenzy and began protests which were angry and violent in some areas of Taiwan. It's getting late here so I'll have to pick up on the latest in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>