Thursday, February 05, 2004

Trying to visit the past

In the past couple of weeks, I've tried some different methods of locating my long lost aunt. My father had supplied me with her last known address which I tried without success. But I realized that Queens had this weird system which I still don't understand where 48th Street, 48th Road and 48th Place are all within the general vicinity. Unfortunately, no one was home at the other locations so I'll have to do some drive by's at another time. I did locate an old business partner of my mother's who was close to my aunt - but apparently he hasn't seen my aunt in about eight years. This is as far as I've gotten - I've discovered I'm not a very good detective. I've thought about putting some flyers up with her picture but where would I post them - I have no idea where she could be. And then what would I put on the flyers "Looking for missing aunt - Haven't seen in about 10 years due to family issues"?

A friend suggested I contact a daytime talk show and try and get reunited that way. I've been seriously contemplating it for a while - but I feel like my story is so long and involved it would take two shows to just explaining the back story before the reunion even happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>