Monday, January 26, 2004

Pizza Pizza!!

Ever since I read this post from Stodgy White Guy - I've been trying to figure out a way to solve his problem. I am a New Yorker and I am not more than 5 minutes from decent pizza. Even in the suburban sanctuary I live in - there are five slice joints that all are vying for "Best Pizza In Town". I complain about pizza in other states when I'm out of the New York Tri-State Area. I can't even imagine the complaints I'd have about pizza from other countries.

I've had my own experiences with a "Taiwanese version" of pizza. My mother working in a bakery for about five years and every once in a while she'd bring home pizza dough home for me so I could roll out my own pizzas. My grandmother (a woman who doesn't really feel there is a difference between BBQ sauce and marinara sauce) decided to do her own pizzas too. These were true adventures in taste. I'll end it with that because I love my grandmother dearly and don't want to insult her.

Perhaps some ex-pats should get together and let Sliceny.com where to find decent pizza in Asia. My only other thought - Boboli crust and finding the topping ingredients and firing it up on a pizza stone over a grill (not too many Asian households have ovens either!). Though I have heard that Pizza Hut in Korea isn't bad so maybe Taiwanese Pizza Hut has improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>