Monday, October 24, 2005

Don't stay here and a word about hostels

I noticed that I am still getting the occasional visitor from wherever looking for a cheap hotel to stay at in New York from my Gridskipper link in February .

Here are some hotels in NY that I wouldn't recommend:

The Paramount Hotel - The rooms are small - so small that you can stand in the middle of the room, stretch out your arms and touch the walls on each side of you.

The Gershwin Hotel - Pros: the hotel has a decent bar. Cons: Weird neighborhood, half the "hotel guests" are actually full time residents who are a little loopy and the rooms are a tad ghetto.

Hotel Pennsylvania - Once, when I was a travel agent, I made the mistake of booking someone a room here (it was Marathon weekend and the city was sold out!)- I was told that they moved the nightstand and noticed that the carpet underneath the stand was a totally different color therefore was 1000x cleaner than the surrounding carpet. They were totally grossed out and asked to be moved to Jersey if there wasn't anything better in the city. This is also where the dogs and handlers stay during the dog show - that should tell you something.

Hostels: don't do it - it's not the same as other countries and you are going to be either annoyed or completely scared out of your wits over your health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>