Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Still searching...

This past weekend, while I did my various errands I scanned the crowds for my aunt's face. I do this a lot. I try new places in the area to increase my chances of bumping into her if she happens to still be in the area.

And that's the funny thing. I have no idea if she's still even in this country. Her last known address was in Queens - but she could be anywhere. And I haven't seen her in 13 years. She could look completely different. Then there's what to do if I DO see her. Do I walk up to her and say "Hey - it's your niece that you haven't seen in thirteen years - how are you? And by the way, your sister is dead."

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering about your aunt, too. It is a story that you have created for me that has no end, and I appreciate that. I know it means much more to you, but I thought you should know that I can't get it out of my head.

taiwantiger

http://jackson.typepad.com/taiwantiger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>